Study information

Students.Our aim is to provide students at Södertörn University with the best possible service and support, so this area of the website gathers practical information that we hope and believe you will find useful.

Do you want to know how to apply to higher education or when the semester starts? Do you need to contact the Student Health Service, or perhaps you are planning to become involved with a student organisation? Do you want to apply for a degree certificate but are unsure how to go about it? Many questions can arise during your studies; if you can't find the answer you need here, please contact one of our study guidance advisors or Student Support Services. They will be happy to help you.

Choose what you want to study at Södertörn University from our programmes and courses in our online prospectus.


If you are a student at Södertörn University and have a disability, it is necessary for the international officer and the disability coordinator to work together if you wish to go on an exchange.


On an exchange programme, the home and host HEIs have shared responsibility for the joint preparation at the home HEI that is necessary for the student to be able to participate.

The host HEI is responsible for creating good conditions for welcoming exchange students with disabilities, while the home HEI is responsible for the extra costs that may arise for compensatory educational support. The host HEI is responsible for adapting study conditions for individual students by organising educational support that compensates for the restrictions to the student’s abilities.

It is extremely important that there is early contact and agreement between the people who are responsible for an exchange. Partly when there is an agreement for a specific student, partly when a student applies to participate in an exchange. Before a student is nominated, the home HEI must investigate the opportunities for the host HEI to receive the student.

Support and service to students with disabilities may be organised in different ways in different countries. The definition of a disability, i.e. which impairments are covered by the definition, may differ between countries.

For support and services outside of studying – e.g. accommodation, assistance, etc. – the host HEI is responsible for passing on the contacts that are relevant in each country.

If you have questions about studying abroad, please contact the international officers and disability coordinator.