Study information

Students.Our aim is to provide students at Södertörn University with the best possible service and support, so this area of the website gathers practical information that we hope and believe you will find useful.

Do you want to know how to apply to higher education or when the semester starts? Do you need to contact the Student Health Service, or perhaps you are planning to become involved with a student organisation? Do you want to apply for a degree certificate but are unsure how to go about it? Many questions can arise during your studies; if you can't find the answer you need here, please contact one of our study guidance advisors or Student Support Services. They will be happy to help you.

Choose what you want to study at Södertörn University from our programmes and courses in our online prospectus.

List of Södertörn Universities Partner Institutions


Click here to see the entire list of Södertörn University’s partner Higher Education Institutions (HEI).

Key to list of exchange places

Each HEI with which the university has an agreement is specified as follows:

  • the subject(s) or disciplinary areas for which the agreement is valid (subject),
  • the language of instruction (language of education),
  •  the number of half-year places (places for students),
  • whether the agreement is for studies at first or second cycle level – Bachelor’s or Master’s (Level) and
  •  the www address of the HEI (university) 

Agreed subject

The department with which Södertörn has an agreement at an HEI may offer courses in more subjects than the one that is agreed. It is normally possible to study all the subjects at the department we have an agreement with. Some HEIs have informed us that in some cases (depending on the subject you want to study and how many places are available that semester) it may be possible to study other subjects, but that they cannot confirm this until the start of the semester.

Period of agreement

Exchange places are often agreed for either one semester (five months) or an academic year (ten months). Places that have been agreed for an academic year may be used for one semester!