Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and 60 credits in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Closed... SS17 week 08-12, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-44010
Course 7,5 credits
The aim of this course is to design management tools and apply them to daily operations in the tourism industry. The course presents a platform for how to manage operations in the tourism industry with reference to the following areas: tourist destinations and attractions in the city and countryside, now and in the future; safety and security; staff management; hospitality and service; and tourist and travel behaviour.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2013
Lectures, seminars and workshops
On completion of the course, the student is able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- examine critically different management cultures and report on their influence on the staff’s way of working and attitude towards clients ;
- work out management strategies consistent with a tourist company’s goals demonstrating how to apply them in a tourist company’s daily operations.
- examine a tourist company’s working processes from a service management perspective;
- illustrate these processes in an academic paper providing a special analysis and description of activities, actors and service arenas.
- examine critically how a tourist company operates at present and its ability
tourism, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, including visitors'
security problems and ecological influences.
Written and oral examination
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.