Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and 60 credits in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Closed... SS17 week 13-18, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-44009
Course 7,5 credits
Students receive a thorough introduction to tourism management and its operations, and the course provides the students with operational skills that are essential for future employment in the tourism business and in destination organisations. The following areas are highlighted: sustainable tourism management, destination stakeholders and cultures, globalisation and travel patterns, leadership in tourism, the supply chain and service processes.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2013
The course is assessed by lectures, seminars and workshops.
In completion of the course, students have
Knowledge and understanding
- knowledge and understanding of aspects of professional management in the tourism system from different stakeholder perspectives in a sustainable way
- skills to work out management strategies consistent with a tourist company's goals demonstrating how to apply them in daily leadership within a tourist company
- skills to examine a tourist company's management processes from the perspective of the supply chain and the service management system
- skills to critically examine how a tourist company operates at present and its ability to operate in an appropriate way when dealing with the consequences of tourism, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, including visitor security and ecological influences.
The course is examined by both written and oral examination.
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.