Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and 60 credits in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Application AS17 week 35-39, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-44146
Course 7,5 credits
The aim of this course is to create an understanding and knowledge of the role of tourism in modern society and the impact of tourism on modern economies. The course lays the foundation for the students’ understanding of the conditions for travel and tourism in modern society, within such areas as global tourism, the experience economy, adventure tourism, design principles for tourist destination development, and the role of the media.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: autumn semester 2017
Lectures, group work and seminars.
On completion of the course, the student is able to:
- describe how tourism as a phenomenon has developed in modern society, and the conditions under which tourism exists today:
- describe new forms of tourism, such as experience tourism, professional meetings, global tourism and eco-tourism;
- identify and analyse relevant tourism trends at a destination and how these change over time;
- examine local destinations and analyse how they relate to regional and global tourism;
- critically examine whether tourism has developed in harmony with society;
- evaluate the role of tourism and its influence on today’s society from sustainable professional and infrastructural perspectives.
- Seminar participation
- Written group report
- Individual written report
- Oral presentation individually and in groups
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.