Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and 60 credits in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Application AS17 week 39-44, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-44145
Course 7,5 credits
Students receive a thorough introduction to the hospitality industry and its operations, and the course provides them with the operational skills that are essential for employment in hospitality businesses. The following areas are highlighted: the hospitality concept; staff management and consumer behaviour; service and human resource management; company stakeholders and cultures; quality, risk and yield management.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: autumn semester 2017
Lectures, group work and seminars.
Upon completion of the course, the student can
- describe hospitality as a theoretical approach to staff management and attitudes towards customers, and relate it to different cultural perspectives;
- analyse and investigate front functions and management processes from a service and personnel perspective within a company working with hospitality;
- design management strategies consistent with the goals of a company in the hospitality industry and describe how to apply them in daily leadership;
- critically examine how a company in the tourism industry manages hospitality in general and its ability to profitably deal with the consequences of guests' demands regarding service, experiences, security and the environment.
- Written examination
- Written group report
- Oral presentation in groups
- Seminar participation
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.