Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and 60 credits in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Application AS17 week 49-02, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-44147
Quality Assurance in Tourism Destinations
Course 7,5 credits
Viewed from the perspective of commercial service providers, officials, and other actors at tourism destinations, the following topics are included in the course: critical analysis of quality assurance in the tourism industry; definitions and assumptions about quality assurance in tourism; and successful and unsuccessful aspects of quality assurance in tourism. The development of quality assurance systems and the application of these systems with regard to human resources management, front and back office, tourism destinations and experience tourism, are also part of the course.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: autumn semester 2017
Lectures, group work and seminars.
On completion of the course, the student is able to:
- analyse the concept of destination and describe quality assurance work when organising a destination;
- define and describe the quality assurance process using selected quality objectives;
- identify the need for competence among staff in the tourism industry, focusing on profitability and quality;
- investigate and analyse quality assurance work for a tourist destination and how this relates to society at a macro level and to specific tourist companies;
- examine and analyse the strengths and weaknesses of a tourist destination, and creatively develop a relevant system that develops and guarantees the quality of products at the destination;
- critically examine what is entailed by quality at a destination, from the perspective of innovative and sustainable tourism.
- Seminar participation
- Written group report
- Individual written report
- Oral presentations, individually and in groups
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.