Entry requirements: The equivalent of English B and Degree of Bachelor in Humanities, Social Sciences, Technology or Natural sciences.
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Between 30 and 285 credits may be taken into account.
- Closed... SS17 week 03-22, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44081
- Application AS17 week 35-02, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44098
- 15/09/2017 SS18 week 03-22, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44099
Challenges for Emerging Cities: Open Lab Multidisciplinary Project Course
Course 15 credits
OpenLab is a collaboration between students and teachers from Stockholm University (SU), Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Södertörn University (SH), Karolinska Institutet (KI), the City of Stockholm, Stockholm County Council and the County Administrative Board of Stockholm.
Working on an assignment on the theme of emerging cities and urban sustainability, students work in an interdisciplinary group that designs, organises and presents innovation work across traditional knowledge borders. Project groups will work with concrete problems facing the city and municipalities.
Challenging problems demand new ways of thinking. OpenLab is a new way to learn new things in collaboration with people from different fields of knowledge and professions. Students will learn how to function as part of a team and use projects to tackle current issues with local clients, creating new ideas about how to solve pressing social problems.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2015
The course consists of mandatory lectures and workshops within the selected development project.
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to:
- relate scientific perspectives to different practices
- develop, plan and evaluate new innovation ideas
- apply interactive and creative work and design methodology
- visualise innovation projects through sketches, models and prototypes
- identify and analyse complex phenomena and introduce new innovative ideas that can be developed and realised to the lasting benefit and value to a specific target group
- communicate the work on, and results of, innovation projects for clients, selected target groups and society
- Attendance at lectures and the workshops within the selected development project
- Written and oral presentation of the innovation project
- Individual reflection report
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.