Entry requirements: 60 higher education credits and the equivalent of upper secondary course English 6
Selection: On the basis of previous university credits. Max. 165 credits may be taken into account.
- Closed... SS17 week 13-22, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44083
- Application AS17 week 44-02, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44153
- 15/09/2017 SS18 week 13-22, parttime, 50%, day. Application code: SH-44143
Challenge-driven Innovation with Design Thinking
Course 7,5 credits
This course is a collaboration between Södertörn University, Karolinska Institute, and the municipalities of Huddinge and Botkyrka. Students work in interdisciplinary teams on assignments in the areas of urban development, social dynamics, and health and wellbeing, designing, organising, and presenting innovative solutions (products, services and/or processes) to real and complex challenges. During the course, students will learn how to work in creative design teams, put specific discipline-based knowledge to use in interdisciplinary groups, and generate and prototype ideas in order to help solve social problems.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2017
The course consists of workshops, group discussions, and joint presentations of project work.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to
- use design-based methods to work with social challenges in interdisciplinary teams
- apply discipline-specific knowledge in interdisciplinary creative design
- define and delimit a social design problem using interdisciplinary perspectives
- develop and test ideas and prototypes for innovations (products, services or processes) from a given problem
- visualise innovation work through sketches, models, and prototypes
- communicate the process, and the results of, an innovation project to private and public sector collaboration parties, selected target audiences and interest groups
- reflect upon collaboration and communication within interdisciplinary teams and Design Thinking.
- Workshop participation
- Group presentations
- Oral and written presentation, delivery, of innovation group project
- Individual written reflections
At least 80% attendance at workshops is necessary for a pass grade. Absence from no more than 40% of the course's workshops and presentations may be compensated for with individual written assignments (does not apply to the final presentation of the innovation project).
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Any previous versions are available here.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik - MD5 så hjälper vi dig vidare.
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik.
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.