Study information

Students.Our aim is to provide students at Södertörn University with the best possible service and support, so this area of the website gathers practical information that we hope and believe you will find useful.

Do you want to know how to apply to higher education or when the semester starts? Do you need to contact the Student Health Service, or perhaps you are planning to become involved with a student organisation? Do you want to apply for a degree certificate but are unsure how to go about it? Many questions can arise during your studies; if you can't find the answer you need here, please contact one of our study guidance advisors or Student Support Services. They will be happy to help you.

Choose what you want to study at Södertörn University from our programmes and courses in our online prospectus.

Students with disabilities

If you wish to study at Södertörn University as an exchange student, you need to start by contacting the International Office at your home university to find out how you can be selected as an exchange student. It is important that details of your disability are explained when you apply for an exchange period at Södertörn University.

When a student with disabilities applies to participate in an exchange programme at Södertörn University, it is necessary to establish early contacts between the home university and Södertörn University, so that we can fully understand the services the student will require.

In Sweden, it is the responsibility of both the home and host universities to cooperate and make the necessary preparations to enable students with disabilities to participate in exchange programmes. The host university has the responsibility for making the necessary preparations to receive students with disabilities whilst the home university is responsible for any additional costs that may be incurred for additional help with learning/teaching. The host university is responsible for adapting study conditions for individual students by organising the learning/teaching support that the student's disability necessitates. 

The support and level of service supplied to students with disabilities can vary from country to country. Even the definition of disability, i.e. the types/levels of disability, can be different.

With regard to off-campus support and services, e.g. accommodation etc., the host university has a responsibility for ensuring that students are put in contact with the relevant organisations.

More information and contacts here.