Study information

Students.Our aim is to provide students at Södertörn University with the best possible service and support, so this area of the website gathers practical information that we hope and believe you will find useful.

Do you want to know how to apply to higher education or when the semester starts? Do you need to contact the Student Health Service, or perhaps you are planning to become involved with a student organisation? Do you want to apply for a degree certificate but are unsure how to go about it? Many questions can arise during your studies; if you can't find the answer you need here, please contact one of our study guidance advisors or Student Support Services. They will be happy to help you.

Choose what you want to study at Södertörn University from our programmes and courses in our online prospectus.

The students' union, SöderS

The students' union, SöderS, is concerned with questions related to higher education, as well as social and leisure activities, and is an important means of making the students' voices heard. Participating in the students' union is often fun, and gives exchange students an opportunity to meet Swedish students.

Membership of the students' union was compulsory until June 2010, but is now voluntary. The membership fee is SEK 150 for a semester or SEK 280 for a year. Membership allows students to participate in the students' union's activities and in the international committee's activities. On payment of the students' union fee, students are issued with a student card which allows them to receive student discounts and, for example, allows you to purchase student travel cards to a reduced fare. You must also be a member of the student's union to live in some student accommodation, e.g. SSSB (Stiftelsen Stockholms Studentbostäder).

SöderS has information about social and cultural activities and also assigns exchange students with student mentors, "fadder", who provide advice and are generally fellow students.

Contact details:

Tel: +46 (0)8 608 40 79