Search and writing assistance
Here we have gathered together information which students especially will find useful. On the library website you will find more services and information on what help the library can offer.
The Study Support Unit
The Study Support Unit (Studieverkstan) is located in the university library (entrance floor) and is available to all Södertörn University students, of all subjects and at all levels of study. At the Study Support Unit we teach Swedish, English and oratory skills. You are welcome to come and ask any questions you have on writing, speaking and study techniques. Courses and lectures are also given by the Study Support Unit. You can book individual and group tutorials, or come along to one of the weekly drop-in sessions.
At the Study Support Unit you can ask questions and have tutorials on the following:
- planning, writing and re-working texts
- essay writing (from Bachelor’s/first cycle to Master’s/second
- planning and delivery of spoken reports, presentations, opposing arguements and speeches
- dealing with anxieties towards public speaking, writer’s block and reading and writing difficulties
- questions on language, rules for writing, grammar etc.
- interpreting what your teacher means in assignment questions and comments made, for example, about take-home examinations
- reading course literature, note-taking, and how to prepare effectively before examinations.
From help to self-help
The objective of the Study Support Unit is for you to be able to help yourself. We will not do your work for you, but we will point you in the right direction enabling you to work towards the solution yourself. We will not correct a text for you. On the other hand we will work through a text together with you so that you understand which aspects of the text require attention. We do not read large amounts of text in their entirety (maximum of 3 pages). However, if you have booked an essay tutorial longer texts can be read through.
Opening hours and booking a tutorial time
Information on our opening hours, how to book a tutorial time, and information about cancelled tutorials can be found here.