Study information

Students.Our aim is to provide students at Södertörn University with the best possible service and support, so this area of the website gathers practical information that we hope and believe you will find useful.

Do you want to know how to apply to higher education or when the semester starts? Do you need to contact the Student Health Service, or perhaps you are planning to become involved with a student organisation? Do you want to apply for a degree certificate but are unsure how to go about it? Many questions can arise during your studies; if you can't find the answer you need here, please contact one of our study guidance advisors or Student Support Services. They will be happy to help you.

Choose what you want to study at Södertörn University from our programmes and courses in our online prospectus.

To do after the exchange period

1) When your grades have arrived

 After the exchange semester you can apply for a credit transfer for the foreign courses. You do this by completing the form, “Ansökan om tillgodoräknande av utländsk högskoleutbildning” (application for credit transfer from foreign higher education). (See Forms for student exchanges).Append a certified copy of your grades to your application, as well as an approved Learning Agreement or course description/literature lists for completed courses.

Note that you may only submit an application for credit transfer when you have all the paperwork in order! There is no deadline for the application for credit transfer, simply do so when the paperwork is organised. However, in order not to have problems with CSN, it may be a good idea to do this as soon as possible. NB! All these documents are submitted to the study information desk for your programme, which then forwards them to the right person. You must not hand these documents to the international officers!

2) Evaluations

We would like you to fill in two evaluation so that we and other students can benefit from your experiences. We use the first one to improve our work and cooperation with the partner HEI; this is sent via e-mail in January or June. The second one is called "Tips & advice". It is more detailed and we use it to spread your experiences to other students who wish to study abroad. (See Forms for exchange students). Tips&advice must be sent to by 28 February for students who were abroad for the autumn semester and by 30 June for students who were away for the spring semester.

Fill in the "Tips & advice" form using a computer. Save the document (name it with your name + the host HEI) and send it as an e-mail attachment to We need to receive the evaluation digitally to be able to post it on the university intranet.

3) Student grant CSN)

Don’t forget that you must submit a student grant application for the next semester if you intend to continue studying. After studying abroad, CSN do not usually send a pre-filled form when you are going to resume studying in Sweden. You must therefore go to CSN’s website and complete the application form for studying in Sweden that is in their archive. Submit your application as soon as possible so you have time to receive a decision before the start of the spring semester. CSN will want to see proof that you have passed 75% of your foreign courses before they give you a student grant. You do not need to have had the credits from your foreign courses transferred to apply; you can supplement your din student grant application later with a copy of your grades as soon as they arrive. You should talk to your host HEI to obtain your results (if not all your grades are ready, they may be able to notify of the ones that are via e-mail). If you have problems, contact the international officers in August/January (in Kompassen, per telephone or e-mail) and we may be able to help.

4) Erasmus grants

If your exchange was part of the Erasmus programme, you must also submit a "Certificate of Attendance" and "Erasmus Survey" (digital evaluation that is sent to the European Commission). The semester dates on the Certificate of Attendance must be the same as those on your Erasmus agreement. If your semester dates have changed, it is important that you inform as this will affect the size of your grant. You will receive the second part of your Erasmus grant only after these documents have been approved.

5) Mentor an exchange student

Every academic year, around 200 exchange students come to Södertörn University from around the world, to study for one or two semesters. The students’ union’s International Committee always needs mentors for these students, with a particular focus on the start of the semester.
If you would like to be a mentor and maintain an international contact, please email and state whether you have any requests about which country your exchange student should come from.

Contact information
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact the international officers via e-mail: