CBEES Annual Conference 2022 - Pre-conference Keynote Roundtable
Organisers of the CBEES Annual Conference 2022 (1-2 December) want to invite you to the keynote roundtable: "Reconsidering East European Studies: Potentials, Limitations and (Ab)Uses".
Welcome to join the discussions!
The roundtable is aimed to serve as an introduction to the conference topic and initiate a critical discussion. At the centre of the discussion are the potentials, limitations and (mis-)uses of methodologies (e.g., decolonial) that challenge hegemonic approaches in East European Studies/area studies.
The questions for the discussion include and are not limited to:
- War and its impact on area studies.
- What will happen to the dominance of Russia in area studies?
- New imperialism? (Anti/de)colonialism? Other new research perspectives for area studies?
- Languages in area studies?
- The politics of funding and its impact on the state of knowledge in the region.
- Knowledge production, policy-making and activism.
- Tamara Hundorova; Professor, Doctor, Institute of literature, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Diana Kudaibergenova; Assistant Professor in Political Sociology, University of Cambridge.
- Alena Marková; Assistant Professor in History, Charles University.
- Sarah Phillips; Professor of Anthropology, Director, R.F. Byrnes Russian and East European Institute, Indiana University.
- Tomasz Zarycki; Professor and Deputy Director of the Robert Zajonc Institute for Social Studies, University of Warsaw
Yulia Gradskova; Associate Professor of History and Research Leader at CBEES, Södertörn University