Get books sent to your home
As a student on one of the university's distance learning courses you can have books sent to your home, free of charge, on the condition that you live in Sweden, but outside of Stockholm, and have a post code not beginning with "1".
- The loan period for "distance loans" is one week more than the usual loan period on course books and three week loans. This means that you can keep course books for 14 days, and three week loans for 28 days.
- You are personally responsible for returning the books to the library, including all the postage costs. The return address for the library is: Södertörns högskolebibliotek, 141 89 Huddinge.
To have a book sent to your home, follow these steps:
- Go to the library search tool SöderScholar.
- Find the book you would like to borrow and click "Request". If it is a course book that is available, you must ask the library to request it for you.
- Log in if you are not already logged in.
- When the question "Where should the reservation go?" pops up, choose the alternative "Send it to me".
If you visit the university and, for example, want to access the computer rooms you will need an SH-card. To get an SH-card go to the reception in Moas Båge, where you will be photographed. After a few days you can collect your SH-card upon presenting a valid identification. You must be a registered student at SH to pick up your SH card.
Printed books, e-books, databases and more
With the library search tool SöderScholar and the database list you can access course literature, electronic journals and other electronic resources that will help you in your studies. You can access the resources off campus, read more on the page How to access the databases.
Tutoring in information seeking at a distance
The library offers tutorials on information seeking for students writing essays and assignments. As a distance learning student you can take part in this via telephone or email. Read more and book an appointment via the page Book tutoring in information seeking. Remember to state that you are a student on a distance learning course. You can also get tuition via the internet by the Study Support Unit. Read more on the page Study Support Unit.
Please email email@example.com if you need talking books or other accessible media.
Use your SH account (username and password) to log in to the SH-StudyWeb, the learning management system of the university. You will see your course room at the latest a couple of days before your course starts. You will find more information on the page SH-StudyWeb.
Problems or questions?
Are you having problems with specific features in the SH-StudyWeb, for example joining a group or uploading a document? Have you got ideas on how to improve or do you have a general question? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you having trouble logging in via your SH account? Please see page MedieCenter.