Södertörn University offers education that encourages reflective thinking and informed citizenship, providing a meeting place for critical perspectives and knowledge that crosses established boundaries. Our research is relevant to contemporary challenges, locally and globally, and to timeless issues.
Research – within 5 years, we will have achieved:
- National and international breakthroughs in research relating to the Baltic Sea region and Eastern Europe, as well as recognition of the university’s status as a knowledge hub for such research.
- Third-cycle education in central areas of activity.
- Teachers who conduct research, providing high quality links to research in all education.
- A greater proportion of external research funding.
Education – within 5 years, we will have achieved:
- Popular, valuable and interdisciplinary courses and programmes, with teachers that conduct research.
- The highest quality in all courses and programmes.
- Internationalisation on all courses and programmes.
- Improved and well-functioning student influence.
Third stream activities – within 5 years, we will have achieved:
- Third stream activities that are of mutual benefit to the university and the surrounding community.
- Incentives that reward and encourage third stream activities.
- Third stream activities and projects linked to the university’s profile: the Baltic Sea region and Eastern Europe.
- A thriving campus.
Södertörn University’s ethos, mission statement and overall objectives 2015-2019 [pdf-file, 137 Kb]