Under Publications series - Opens in a new window you can see the latest publications in the university's series.
For a quick overview of the university's series, download "What are you reading?"
What are you reading.pdf'
The date for upcoming committee meeting in 2020 are: 26 August, 23 September, 21 October, 18 November, 16 December.
For information about the university's procured proofreading services go to avropa.se.
Main types of application:
1. Publishing a manuscript in one of the series the Publications Committee is responsible for such as Södertörn Academic Studies.
- send in a copy of a complete manuscript at least one month before an upcoming meeting
- send in a synopsis
2. Proofreading of an article (send in the following at least ten days before an upcoming meeting)
- send in a copy of the article
- send in an estimate for the cost of the proofreading*
- send in a letter of intent/acceptance, for example, from the editor of the journal in which the article is to be published
- investigate the possibility of publishing the article Open Access either parallel to journal publication antingen or following an embargo period (for example, 6 months later)
3. Publishing a manuscript with an external publisher (a grant for printing/external publishing)
- send in a copy of a complete manuscript at least 1 month before an upcoming meeting
- send in a synopsis
- send in a letter of intent/acceptance, for example, from the publisher where the book is to be published
- investigate the possibility of publishing the book Open Access either parallel to publication or following an embargo period (for example, 6 months later)
- send in a production budget from the publisher
IMPORTANT: All other applications should be discussed with the committee's secretary in advance and submitted at least 7 days before an upcoming meeting.
The Publications Committee's mandate is to:
- support the university's researchers when they want to publish their research results
- ensure that the work published in the university's name is of a high scholarly standard
- decide which publications are eligible for support
- promote researchers' publications in those journals that lead to increased research funding
- determine funding for publications
- provide information about strategic publishing
- form a reference group for the publications database (DiVA) to ensure high quality is maintained.
The Publications Committee is directly responsible for the following four series:
The Södertörn Academic Studies series is mainly comprised of monographs and anthologies that present definitive research results from projects carried out at Södertörn University. The series are open to all fields of research and disciplines, but as a large majority of research at Södertörn University focuses on the Baltic Sea Region this series addresses the social, political, economic and cultural developments in countries bordering the Baltic Sea. To see the latest books in the university's series go to Publications series.
The Publications Committee has granted permission for the starting of a number of other series that are connected to specific subjects or departments.
Creative Commons licence
Södertörn University encourages all contributors, authors and editors to consider publishing their work using a Creative Commons licence to allow your work to be freely and legally used as part the university's drive towards Open Access publishing.
Publications Committee members:
- Mikael Lönnborg, Professor, School of Social Sciences
- Joakim Ekman, Professor, School of Social Sciences (Chair)
- Jonas Gilbert, Library Director
- Fredrik Stiernstedt, Senior Lecturer, School of Culture and Education och CBEES
- Per Ledin, Professor, School of Culture and Education
- Philipp Seuferling, Doctoral student, School of Culture and Education
- Ester Appelgren, Associate Professor, Head of School, Senior Lecturer Journalism Studies
- Norbert Götz, Professor, Historical and Contemporary Studies
*The Publications Committee refer all applicants to avropa.se for contracted translation and proofreading services.
If you want to submit your manuscript or ask a question, please contact:
Jonathan Robson (Publications Committee Secretary)
Telephone: 08 608 50 59