Insurance – Student UT
The university has signed up to collective insurance with the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency – STUDENT UT – for students who are going to study, go on a placement or write an essay abroad. The insurance has wider coverage than the standard personal injury insurance that applies to studying in Sweden. It covers personal injury and also has travel insurance.
The insurance covers some types of studies abroad/placements, but you need to find out for yourself if your time abroad is covered by the insurance.
Read more about the insurance cover on the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency’s website. External link, opens in new window.
For the insurance to be valid:
- there must be a written agreement for an exchange or hosting between Södertörn University and a foreign higher education institution, company or other organisation that accepts students or trainees.
- it will not be approved if you, a student, have drawn up your own agreement. If you are not travelling on an exchange place within the framework of the university’s general exchange agreement, a copy of the agreement for studies or placement abroad must be appended to your application.
- You must be registered in Ladok throughout your time abroad.
Routines for outgoing students:
- Students at Södertörn University are automatically insured during their period of study abroad. If you would like a certificate of insurance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For exchange studies, you should append documentation of the semester dates that apply to the period abroad. This could be an excerpt from the host HEI’s website or correspondence between the student and the host HEI.
- For a foreign traineeship, the student must append a copy of the agreement that was drawn up between a representative from Södertörn University and the host at the foreign organisation regarding the student’s traineeship. The agreement must state the time period that applies to the student’s foreign traineeship.
- Forms and appended documentation must be submitted to the insurance officer, Ann-Louise Ebérus.
Medical insurance card:
Before the student travels abroad, he or she must have an insurance certificate and a medical insurance card from the university. These are both issued in English.
To receive a medical insurance card, it is necessary to contact the insurance officer at least a month before departure.
The insurance certificate is sent to the student in the post.
If the student has an accident that is covered by the insurance policy:
Print out, fill in and sign an injury claim.
Submit the claim and the original receipts to the university’s insurance officer to sign. The officer send the claim and other documents to Kammarkollegiet.
NB! Claims must be made as soon as possible after the accident. However, the student must often pay the costs first and then request compensation. This is why original receipts must be appended to the claim.
Ann-Louise Ebérus, F613
- Studentavdelningen -
141 89 HUDDINGE
Tel: +46 (0)8 608 4384
Fax: +46 (0)8 608 4015