Where can I go on an exchange?

The opportunities are endless as Södertörn University has exchange places at universities around the world. A list of the university’s partner universities is available here.

Explanations – list of partner universities

For every partner university, there is an agreement that specifies:

  • the subject(s) to which the agreement applies,
  • the language of education,
  • the number of places for students per year,
  • whether the agreement is for studies at Bachelor’s or Master’s level and
  • the address of the university website.

Agreed subject(s)

At the partner university, the department with which Södertörn University has an agreement may offer courses in more subjects than those in the agreement. Normally, it’s possible to study all the subjects taught at the department we have an agreement with. A few universities have told us that in some cases (depending on the subject you want to study and how many places are available that semester) it may be possible to study other subjects, but that they cannot provide information about this until the start of the semester.

Period of agreement

Exchange places are often agreed for either a semester (five months) or an academic year (ten months). Places that have been agreed for a full year may be used for one semester!