SI Academy for Young Professionals 2022
Examples of who can be your reference person
Examples of who cannot be referred to and used as reference person
- Family members/relatives
- Individuals who demand compensation (money, goods, favours, services or other means) from you in order to give you a statement of reference
Why do we require a reference person?
The referee is expected to state an opinion of the applicant from a professional perspective and thereby provide an important supplement to the letter of motivation and the curriculum vitae.
During the selection process, the reference person may be contacted by the Swedish Institute for additional information.
The letter of reference must be completed in English and cannot exceed two pages. Any additional pages will be disregarded. In order to be valid, the letter must be dated and signed.
"The letter should also include the details of the applicant as well as contact details for the referee.
The completed letter of reference is then to be scanned to PDF format (please do not include this instructions page in the conversion) and enclosed along with your application. A letter that is not signed will be disregarded.
Information regarding the SI Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) can be found on our website. Länk till annan webbplats. Länk till annan webbplats.
What to include?
The letter of reference must be completed in English. The referee may decide on how to allocate text between the questions provided, given that the letter does not exceed two pages. Any additional page will be disregarded. The completed letter must be signed and converted into PDF format.
State the following:
- Applicant’s first and last name
- Applicant’s date of birth
- Applicant’s citizenship
- Full name of the reference person
- Title/position of the reference person
- Organisation of the reference person
- Email address of the reference person
- Telephone number of the reference person
- The capacity you know the applicant
Please, address the following questions in your reference.
- In your opinion, how would participation in the SI Academy for Young Professionals be valuable for the professional development of the applicant?
- Please evaluate the applicant’s leadership capacity and skills to contribute to development on behalf of your organisation.
- Please describe in what way your organisation would benefit if the applicant was accepted to the SI Academy for Young Professionals (if applicable)
- Additional remarks/comments (optional)
- Date and Place
- Signature of the Reference Person