Annika Öhrner is an Associate Professor in Art History, and a Senior Lecturer at Södertörn University since 2013. Director of Doctoral Studies, and Program Convenor of the Master’s program in Art History.
- Research profile; critical historiography, cultural transfer, museum- and exhibitions studies. Publishes widely nationally and internationally. For details, see below through link to Diva.
- Presented her Doctoral thesis at Uppsala University in 2010; Barbro Östlihn and New York. Art’s space and possibilities. Editor of research anthologies such as Mats Rohdin & Annika Öhrner (ed.) Att göra och tänka det olika, Siri Derkert i 1900-talet, Stockholm: National Library of Sweden, Series: Acta Bibliothecae regiae Stockholmiensis, 2011 and Annika Öhrner (ed.) Art in transfer in the Era of Pop. Curatorial Practices and Transnational Strategies in the Era of Pop, Södertörn Studies in Art History and Aesthetic, 2017, that was granted Terra Foundation for American Art International Publication Grant Author Award.
- Teaches and supervises at First, Second and Third cycle levels. Member of the Steering Committee for the Research area for doctoral studies in Critical and Cultural Theory. Curator for the art collection of the university, and editor of Art at Södertörn University (2016).
- Dean of Valand School of Fine Arts, Gothenburg University (1996-2000), Fellow of the Public Art Fund (1993-1999), of Thielska Gallery (since 2013), Nationalmuseum Research Board (since 2015) and The Swedish Arts Grants Committee (since 2019). Member of the editorial board of Konsthistorisk tidskrift/Journal of Art History, Taylor & Francis (2010-2015).
- Publikationer, se Diva External link.