The Baltic University Programme (BUP) is a network of about 230 universities and other institutes of higher learning in the countries in the Baltic Sea region.
The BUP is a network of about 230 universities and other institutes of higher learning in the Baltic Sea region. The network is coordinated by the Baltic University Programme Coordinating Secretariat at Uppsala University, Sweden.
The BUP focuses on questions of sustainable development, environmental protection, and democracy in the Baltic Sea region. The aim is to support the key role that universities play in a democratic, peaceful and sustainable development. This is achieved by developing university courses, support interdisciplinary research cooperations, and by participation in transdisciplinary projects in cooperation with authorities, municipalities and others.
Since 2018, CBEES has been responsible for the network's national center in Sweden. We work as coordinator for affiliated members, manages contacts with teachers, researchers and students. Swedish members from the network are:
- Center for Environment and Sustainability (Chalmers University of Technology and Göteborg University)
- KTH, Royal lnstitute of Technology, Stockholm
- Luleå University of Technology, Luleå
- Lund University, Lund
- Malmö University, Malmö
- Södertörn University, Stockholm
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Uppsala
- Umeå University, Umeå
- University of Gävle, Gävle
- Uppsala University, Uppsala
- World Maritime University, Malmö