Everyone is welcome to visit the library, but we are also part of your workplace, if you are a student at Södertörn University (SH), the Swedish Red Cross University (RKH) or the University College of Music Education in Stockholm (SMI). On this page you can read more about how to find a suitable place to study and about the IT environment offered here.
Studying at the library
The library is a popular place to study for students from all over campus. The idea behind the library's study environment is that as many as possible should be able to find a study place that suits their particular needs. Therefore, we offer everything from absolute silence in the Silent reading room to vast areas for group work on floor 5 and half of floor 6, and floor 7. Signs will let you know what area you're in. We have group rooms that you can book, and a quiet IT lab with special support programs.
All over the library you will also find lots of desktop computers, where you can just sit down and log in.
If you need help for example finding information or writing references, just come up to the information desk. Welcome to study at the library. Below you will find more information in detail on studying at the library.
All rooms that go by names starting with UB are located in the library building. The first number reveals which floor the room is located on. Here is more specific information about how to find different rooms.
Finding your way in the rooms at the library
The Resource room UB 523
The Resource room is for students with a reading impairment. You can study in peace and quiet and the room is equipped with support programs and a scanner.
Study Support Unit UB 516
Going to a tutorial with one of the teachers at the Study Support Unit? Then you should go to room UB 516.
The university has both bookable and non-bookable group rooms. All the bookable group rooms are in the library.
The IT environment at the library
In the library we have desktop computers, that anyone may use and wifi. Click on the plus signs to see details.
These are found around the library, primarily on floor 6. All computers are equipped with the Office package from Microsoft. You do not book the computers in advance, just come by.
- If you are an SH student, login using your SH account.
- If you are a new student at RKH you can login in using a guest account, which you pick up at the information desk upon presenting valid ID. Otherwise, you may use your old SH account for RKH students.
- If you are part of the general public, you can get a guest account, meaning login information valid for one day, which you pick up at the information desk. You must be at least 18 years old and present valid ID. Please note that we may run out of guest accounts, since we have a limited amount each day.
In the library, you will find two available WiFi: Eduroam and SHGuest.
- If you are an SH-student or member of staff you can use either, even though Eduroam usually works better. See more information on page Wireless network (WiFi).
- If you are a student or member of staff at RKH, use Eduroam. Login with your RKH account. See more information on the RKH self service portal (in Swedish only) External link, opens in new window..
- All other visitors may get temporary access at Infocenter, on presenting valid ID.